Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I'm bad at handling social situations, but glad that I am

Here's a really recent incident that I came upon: 

There was this workplace that I am working at requested for me to bring along some of my photographers to help take some photos for them to update their profile, which I gladly agreed without much thought because I did had the same intention so to update my blog and stuff if I could asked my photographers in. The boss did offer remuneration in return with a good offer. 

What I thought: 

I thought I did a pretty good deed to help this place that I only started working with not long ago and I thought it was a pretty fair deal for both parties since this is what I do on freelance basis too. Plus since I have nice photographers who are willing to give it a shot and the boss aren't demanding then why not?  

What went behind the scene: 

Everything seems to be going pretty well apart from me having some difficulty to confirm a schedule for shoot cause this was a pretty last minute decision. Until I stepped into the place as a customer for a visit and I heard someone going in a sarcastic tone like "model come already hor, show some respect ok" from the kitchen. I didn't expect it coming as I always have a very positive image of the people here from the day I start work. 

My conclusion: 

I still believe that it is a joke that went a little too loud because similar comments like "wah why you so hard working give out flyer and promote sial" on my first day of work and it came from different people with slightly different content. I seriously think they mean no harm cause that is the job nature portrayed to them. But end of the day, I want to say that nope, I am paid here not to outshine any one of you by trying to 'act' hard working but I am paid to come here and do the listed job scope WELL. 

However, I do not find the joke any funny and I think that certain negative images did came to their mind before such comments even comes out. Perhaps I shouldn't take down the offer when I only started work for one day or I shouldn't give such a confirmed answer when my schedule is not fixed. Am still thankful that I cancelled the original shoot or my photographers might be the one hearing those sarcasm instead. 

End of the day, I give a damn to how people see things because I am affected by how fucked up and fake some people are but yet, at the same time, I don give a damn to how people see me because I am employed here to serve the company and take care of the company interest and not any other gossips that does not improve anything in the environment.

If getting to be a model makes anyone envy so much, you can also go look for photographers and go through all the fucking 2 hour castings and make yourself a model. So you can understand how much it takes for both photographer and model take to collaborate and produce one or two decent photos in a full hour shoot and I don't necessary have to get that one or two decent photos here if it costs me my peace at work. 

Thank you everyone for reading this obviously meaningless post to your cause I just needed somewhere to rant about how much I hate work politics but it still always happen. Good nights! 

No comments: