Tuesday, September 23, 2014

When I Was Young

I remember when I was young, I hate business man. I hate business. I hate money. 
I thought they were the most horrible things on earth,
Where all the smiles, formalities and praises are fake. 
It's a breeding ground for greed in human.
And a killer to humanities. 

As I grow up, I got involved in this society. 
Money seems to get important. I need it for my meals.
Soon I needed it to fulfil my desires, which was set by what we call 'trends'. 

Then I grow up to realise, 
Money determines your status. It determines your popularity, It determines your friends, 
It changes your perception to how the world is, and it even starts to shape your life. 

Soon, I needed to live in this society on my own. I took up business, 
Something that used to be evil in my eyes. 
But this something evil can generate what I needed to survive 
In the fastest way. 

I realised I seem to be good at it. Logical mind, sales ideas, management skills.
I almost had it all. 
Money seems to be flowing in and I started expanding. Everything was good. 
I cannot even really remember why I hated business so much to begin with. 

I learnt.
We all conform to social norms one day.
We have to. 
It's the rule of survival. 

Three years down the road,
I decided to close down all existing business and start up with something new. 
I just started a social enterprise. I wanted to make business meaningful, 
Something that is beyond just greed. 
I want to put humanities into my business. 
I want to be the change,
the one small change in society, 
and the one small change in someone's life whenever possible. 

Despite having to conform to social norm,
I still believe that we can still make some changes,
that is socially acceptable 
to make our life a more meaningful one. 
And I will never stop trying, 
to be the changing agent in life and bring new ideas to people who really understands it. 


No comments: